Wiki PagesJames Bradley A veteran detective takes their rookie partner out for one last time. A crime riddled city packed with drug users, cults, hackers & upgrade junkies.
Website - https://civitasnihilium.com/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/CNihilium
Angel mentioned to Trialists that someone should finish a project they had started. A few days later, James received a package containing a Floppy Disk with an encoded message from T. After the message from T was passed on to James Bradley, he posted about his new project on Facebook:
This project has helped inspire James to work on rewrites for his Mushroom Film.
This project may also be the way to create a portal to the home dimension (108) for the Trialists. Check the Civitas Nihilium Connections page for more information.
There is a current competition - COMPETITION TIME. Immortalise yourself by having a character in this game named after you! Simply follow this link to our website where you can sign-up for our updates and to automatically enter the competition.
The winner will have a citizen of Civitas Nihilium named after them, immortalised in print! Imagine, your name as part of a rich cyberpunk universe...
Sounds awesome right? Sign up here: http://www.civitasnihilium.com
Civitas Nihilium - July 23 at 12:25 PM ·
Civitas Nihilium is a future city, cyberpunk, deck building, dice rolling, solo player physical card game that comes with its own unique pixel art and immersive soundtrack. You play a veteran detective working the dangerous streets of Civitas Nihilium, taking with you your choice of rookie and a ton of cybernetic upgrades. This cyberpunk universe is powered by Ion; the city and all of the advanced technology gleams of it. From the poor GleeHead gangs that use the illegal personalised diffusion techniques to get whacked-out, to the hackers of the underground elite who use the bypassed power to bring down corporations gone rouge. Civitas Nihilium is currently in development, with advanced play testings starting soon and eventually leading up to a @Kickstarter campaign that aims to give anyone interested in this submersive sub-genre a chance to get hold of the full game-pack for themselves.
A city that beats to the drum of it's own non-zero net electrical charge...
You pick your detective.
You pick your rookie. You buy upgrades with Ether.
You charge those upgrades with Ion.
The first crime of the shift is drawn. ou roll your D10.
You enter Civitas Nihilium.
Civitas Nihilium is a physical card based, deck-building/dice-rolling solo game for one player. Set within a unique pixel art based cyberpunk world. The artwork and game system is near completion with advanced playtesting about to begin. Follow us on Instagram and Facebook for live updates and deadline announcements - our Kickstarter is due to launch in a few months time. .
Crime is the life that picks you...
When change comes the people rejoice, it is only then that their children weep for the old...
A hackers wish is to pick at the stitches of anothers creation, so they may know better...
The Draconic Brotherhood wish to be left alone, that is why they exchange for the freedom of outsiders...
Talon has his claws in everything, including The Children of the Ion...
When you view the 6 posts together, they make up a cityscape.This cityscape can be seen on other cards.
More images posted on Instagram have a citscape theme - the text for each of these also reveals a lot of backstory.
- Civitas Nihilium is a physical card game you play on your own. You play it while listening to music that has been purposely created for ultimate immersion within the Civitas Nihilium experience.
- You select and play as a veteran detective and their rookie. Hitting the streets for the final time. Coming across crimes, colleagues, witnesses, encounters and a ton of opportunities, you will use your experience, charisma, reputation and skills of engagement to keep the streets clean, whilst teaching your rookie the tricks of the trade as you follow your gut into the dangerous underworld of Civitas Nihlium.
- Every encounter in Civitas Nihilium is different. Every story is told by the card reveals, the roll of a d10, your expert character managment, and your balance, of economy, upgrades, skills and reputation. ..
- Cyberpunk by nature, where the world is governed with a hard hand, the economy is driven by Etherium, an ancient time-tested and trusted crypocurrency, and the development of humanity via the big business of cybernetic implants, controlled primarily by the Talon Corporation.
- Ion is the energy in Civitas Nihilium. The city has junkies, hackers, business barons and political legends all under the influence of the highly controversial power source, famously monopolised by the cheif executive officer of the infamous Talon Corporation. A 200 year old semi-cryogen behemouth king of the Omega Tech Age called Wilfred Talon.
- The population of Civitas Nihilium are an eclectic range of Techcrats, NeoHumans, Street People, Gangs, GleeHeads, Talons, Politicians, Civitas Servants and Gen Nilhilums - all of them live within the sprawling metropolis that spreads across an ocean of mega structures, all of them capable of being victims, hero's, or suspects. All within a city that has a bursting undercurrent of social heriacry plauged by crime and social injustice.
- Prior to retirement you are convinced by your cheif to take a Rookie detective with you out on the streets for one final stint. The best of a bad situation, at least you get to pick your own Rookie and guide them on the necessary upgrades they will need in order to keep Civitas Nihlium safe for now and possibly long after you hand in your badge.
- Four decades after the deadly Ion Blockades, an international decree abolishing all national identity was enacted. The structure of the globe became a mass of city states known as the Great Civitas'. Competing for population, each of these mega, nanotube constructed, metropolises promised the best lives for all who chose to migrate.
- Many Civitas mass-migration projects went under, leaving only a few of the more successful to thrive. The ever increasing capacity of the few that remained took to the oceans to extend their territory in order to cope with the huge demand. Buildings got taller. Pockets got deeper. The most successful of these projects? A city built by a techbaron and controlled by its obsession with non-zero net electrically charged technology, a massive metropolis that goes by the name, Civitas Nihilium.
Game Mechanics and Structure
For more details check the Civitas Nihilium Cards Page
(from Facebook posts) These are the first mockup designs featuring the full-system of this Cyberpunk solo player card game. Can you guess what the items and icons relate too?
Encounter Card. The Duronic Brotherhood.
Upgrade card. The Talon Corp built: Haborym Force Lower Arm.
Character card. The Professor
There are Detectives, Rookies, Cops, Witnesses, Organizations and more. See the Civitas Nihilium Characters page for more information.
Detective Marcus Klien
(posted on Facebook) - You guys never saw eye to eye. You're sure that your impending retirement is what's bringing an arrogant grin to his face...
Mentioned in an Instagram post
Talon has his claws in everything, including The Children of the Ion... .....
Audio and Music
James posted some images of his setup including Audio - https://www.instagram.com/p/BmbW8GtB4qF/?hl=en&taken-by=civitas.nihilium
Civitas Nihilium's "play-along-play" soundtrack will be developed using a combination of FL Studio and the mighty Commodore Amiga 1200. The midi capabilities of this excellent retro gaming machine is beyond comparison. The Amiga is an exceptional machine, this is the one I was given for my 12th Christmas and it is still going strong today. It will provide samples and loops for the atmospheric music that players will jack into as they enter the Civitas Nihilium world.
James posted three clips on Facebook and Instagram giving a sneak peek at the music. There is something hidden in the audio clips (check the Connections page for more info).
Clip 1 - Facebook link | Instagram Link | Twitter Link | Post text - "The initial trial sample of what to expect from the accompanying "play-along-play" soundtrack to Civitas Nihilium. Many interesting elements come through after processing which I think work. Looking forward to testing the whole draft during the playtests - the idea is to create an imersive experience for the solo player, so when they finish the game they feel utterly cleansed by cyberpunk."
Clip 2 - Facebook link | Instagram Link | Twitter Link | Post Text - The initial trial sample of what to expect from the accompanying "play-along-play" soundtrack to Civitas Nihilium. Many interesting elements come through after processing which I think work. Looking forward to testing the whole draft during the playtests - the idea is to create an imersive experience for the solo player, so when they finish the game they feel utterly cleansed by cyberpunk.
Clip 3 - Facebook link | Instagram Link | Twitter Link | Post Text - The initial trial sample of what to expect from the accompanying "play-along-play" soundtrack to Civitas Nihilium. Many interesting elements come through after processing which I think work. Looking forward to testing the whole draft during the playtests - the idea is to create an imersive experience for the solo player, so when they finish the game they feel utterly cleansed by cyberpunk.
From Facebook Post - Cyberpunk skylines need huge structures mixed in with the familiar tower block shapes of cities like Hong Kong, NYC and Tokyo. By keeping within a colour palette of limited but connected shades the usage of depth and the twinkling of distant light creates the right kinda mood for our game art. The aim is to bring a looming, yet enchanting city to the active imaginations of our players, while supporting the images and descriptions with immersive soundscapes and familiar/satisfying electro music looping.
Game Development and Behind the Scenes
POsted August 9, 2018 to the Game's Twitter Account - "Development takes on a whole new level."
A veteran detective takes their rookie partner out for one last time. A crime riddled city packed with drug users, cults, hackers & upgrade junkies.